Monday, April 20, 2009

The secret box in my drawer.

 

Last week it was my tenth birthday. My weird cousin Gwyneth and her mum (my aunt) came to visit me at my house. She gave me a present but I didn’t open it there and then as I was too busy playing with Gwyneth and eating cake.

 

After my aunt and cousin left, I went to my bedroom to open my present. The present was a cute medium sized blue box. As I opened the box I saw a stick resembling a tree branch Now, I do know that Gwyneth bought it from an antique shop but I thought she was really stupid not to check if the box had anything in it! Yet I didn’t know that my adventure was about to start.

 

I immediately phoned Gwyneth. I asked her if this was just a prank of hers. She told me that this was no prank of hers. The stick inside the cute blue box is magical and can take you anywhere in the world. Sometime after I took my blue box carrying the magic stick out of my drawer. I wondered if my stick would take me to Sweden. I held the stick in my hand and wished from my heart to go to Sweden.

 

A lot of sparks flew around me. Oh, my! I found myself in Stockholm! After wondering the whole day in Stockholm, visiting museums and shops, I got tired and decided to go home. I found out that to go back to my bedroom I only had to wish my way back. After Sweden I kept on visiting other places with my cousin Gwyneth. I’m very sorry for being so sceptical. Each time I call my cousin to see if she wants to come with me she reminds me how silly I was not to believe that a tiny stick resembling a tree branch could be so magical!

 

By Laila Raway – Year 6      

No comments:

Post a Comment